East Meets West

I see myself as the quintessential collision of two very different worlds. My mother is Korean and my father is red-blooded American. It seems to me that as I journey along in my life, the "collision" becomes a "blending". Every choice, every decision, every reaction is a result of what I have taken from these two cultures...it is what makes me who I am.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Noah...six and spectacular!

The moment I knew you were growing inside of me, my prayers began for you.
I asked God that you would be healthy and be used for His good purposes.
I claimed for you God's favor in life.
I whispered into your tiny, new spirit that love for God would be the first thing we would teach you.
You arrived into this world quietly and inquisitively.
You seemed to simply observe your surroundings and take it all in.
You haven't changed.
You still observe the world around you.
In my ignorance, I took for granted all the whispered prayers I said over you.
I see today that God has answered and is answering them all!
You are perfectly healthy.  (I still breathe thanks every morning we all wake up healthy...)
You are being used for His purposes.
Your sensitivity and love for the people in your life amazes me.
You have a gentle spirit that encourages even the most downhearted.
The love you have in your heart reminds me of how simple God intended love to be.
You have spoken words of encouragement to me in my deepest time of need - without even realizing it.
A hug or a simple grab around my leg as you pass by makes me feel special every time.
Many people say you look like me.  I'm flattered.
Your angelic face and striking eyes are perfection to me.
We may look like each other, but our personalities are very different.
I used to struggle with that.
But God has shown me that he sent you into my life to show me another side of myself.
He has used you to help me grow in my faith and in my life.
You make me smile.
You make me laugh.
You make me cry.
You make me proud.
You make me a better person.
I want you to know the power there is in allowing God to have His way in your life.
It's not always easy or comfortable. 
Most of the time, it's not.
But the benefit that comes out of that kind of growth is priceless.
I will whisper my prayers for you forever.
And when necessary, I will scream my prayers for your defense or protection.
I am your PRAYER WARRIOR.
I promise to allow you space and respect the kind of man God wants you to be.
I will always wish the best for you.
I want you to be happy in life.
I want you to see amazing things in this world.
More than that, I want you to be able to "see" the amazing hearts of the people in this world.
You are well on your way, my son.
You have an army of incredible people behind you, supporting you in life.
I had the priveledge of giving you birth.
What did I ever do to deserve such a gift?
It's like you are my heart walking around without the protection of my ribcage, muscles, or skin.
You're out there.
Exposed.
That is scary for me.
But that is where God comes in to teach me about how big He is and that you are His child, first.
I want to do a good job with you.
I want to make God, my father, proud of my stewardship over you.
So, LIVE your life as hard as you can.
Take every opportunity to love, to grow, to serve.
Commit to doing your best in life.
I love you with all my heart and am so grateful for the blessing I have in you.
Happy birthday, Noah.
Love, Mommy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home