East Meets West

I see myself as the quintessential collision of two very different worlds. My mother is Korean and my father is red-blooded American. It seems to me that as I journey along in my life, the "collision" becomes a "blending". Every choice, every decision, every reaction is a result of what I have taken from these two cultures...it is what makes me who I am.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Road to Inspiration


Had an interesting conversation today. I suppose the interesting part of the conversation didn't start until we stopped talking. I was encouraged by my dear sister, Wendy, to start a blog. I laughed...I read her blog religiously and love everything she writes about! She's talented and the words she writes are things I can identify with. I can actually feel the emotion of her writing. So, in typical Cheri fashion, I couldn't imagine writing anything that would be interesting to anyone...including myself. Wendy ingnored my excuses and simply said, "You need to be inspired." I told her that I would wait patiently for my inspiration to hit me - and then I'd start a blog!
My comment on waiting for inspiration to hit me didn't sit well in my heart. I looked up the definition of "inspiration": arousal of the mind to special unusual activity or creativity; a product of your creative thinking and work. Arousal...creative thinking...WORK. I thought about this for most of the afternoon as I watched my children play in the pool. I came to the realization that inspiration does not always fall from the heavens. Sometimes, it takes WORK. This is the kind of work I know that I am up for! I began taking a closer look at my life. I am surrounded by inspiration and passion. I want to pay attention to even the smallest details that can evoke inspiration...the cool breeze in the morning, a loving glance from my husband, a hug around my leg as my son passes by, my dogs snuggling in next to me, an encouraging word from a friend.
Wendy was right. I AM INSPIRED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home